Posted on: 04 Aug, 2016 Posted by: Foldr News
As well as being available on the App Store, the Foldr iOS app can be ‘purchased’ via the Apple VPP store and delivered to your iOS devices using a compatible Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution using Managed Distribution.
Microsoft’s Intune mobile device management service supports managed app configuration, the framework to setup iOS apps in this way. Here we’ll show you how to configure Foldr for iOS using Microsoft Intune.
As well as deploying the app en masse, an administrator is also able to preconfigure the app mode, set various app settings and enforce security settings as appropriate.
- Defining the address of the Foldr server
- Specify whether users can change the server address
- Setting the app mode to shared or personal
- Defining whether a pin code or password is required to launch the Foldr app
- Define whether the pin/passcode is required after the app is backgrounded
- Specify the maximum local cache
- Define a time after which the app logs out should there be no user activity (in shared mode)
For a complete list of configurable settings and their options visit our support article.
Here’s an example configuration to set the app to Personal mode, specify the address of the Foldr Server. Users of the app are not required to set a pin or passcode and the app will not require a pin/passcode should the app be backgrounded.
- First add the following XML code to a new Mobile App Configuration policy as shown below:
- Next add the application to Microsoft Intune and associate the Mobile App Configuration policy.
- Now when you launch Foldr using the configuration shown above, the address of the Foldr Server is pre-populated.
Thanks to Peter Daalmans (firstname.lastname@example.org) for his article at ConfigMgrBlog.com